R.I. Governor Chafee vetoes e-cigarette ban for those under 18

NJOY: The E-Cigarette That Aims To Snuff Out Smoking

Governor Chafee vetoes e-cigarette ban for those under 18 R.I. The American Cancer Society, the American Heart Association, the American Lung Association, and other health advocacy groups, had called on Chafee to veto the measure. They said the bill represented a stalking horse for tobacco and e-cigarette companies that want to exempt the growing industry from the regulations and taxes imposed on traditional tobacco-based products. They also warned that federal regulators are still studying the potential health risks of the relatively new technology . Introduced by Senate Majority Leader Dominick Ruggerio, D-North Providence, the bill would have defined e-cigarettes and other related products as vapor products. Nine states, including Vermont and New Hampshire, have simply included them in their definition of tobacco products. R.J.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.providencejournal.com/breaking-news/content/20130717-r.i.-governor-chafee-vetoes-e-cigarette-ban-for-those-under-18.ece

Sherman man’s e-cigarette explodes while charging

The closer we get to this goal, the closer we get to making combustion cigarettes redundant. MEB: If we take your argument to its logical conclusion, wouldnt you be making your own product obsolete? And wouldnt you ultimately also target consumers who dont smoke at all? AB: We wouldnt want to create new e-cigarette smokers. If 15 years from now we see the number of smokers decline, wed be happy about that. Thered be a sizeable enough business with 46 million smokers.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.forbes.com/sites/marcbabej/2013/07/18/njoy-the-e-cigarette-that-aims-to-snuff-out-smoking/2/

But, he says the device literally blew up in his hand, and he wants you to know just how dangerous they may actually be. “The battery was into about a two hour charge and it exploded and shot across the room like a Roman candle,” Wes Sloan said. These are Wes Sloan’s fingers after he says his electronic cigarette caught on fire, eight months ago. “I still now today have numbness in both of those fingers,” he said. Sloan says he suffered second and third degree burns, and both he and his wife Cathy say they had to be treated for smoke inhalation He claims he was charging his e-cig in the USB port of their Macbook. This isn’t the only incident that’s been reported.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/E-cigarette-explodes-in-Texoma-mans-home-215771641.html

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s